What are the 7 fundamental elements of a compliance plan for a medical practice?
According to final rules just published in the Federal Register, the Office of the Inspector General has determined that the following elements are
fundamental to medical practice's compliance plan:
- Written policies, implemented.
- A compliance officer
- Accessible lines of communication
- Internal monitoring and auditing
- Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines, and
- Prompt response to detected offenses, and corrective action.
These tips are excerpted from The Gold Sheet, a newsletter addresses malpractice avoidance and
quality for NPs, published monthly by the Law Office of Carolyn Buppert.
Subscriptions: $30 per year (12 issues), mailed first class. To receive The Gold Sheet every month, mail your name, address and a check for $30 to Law Offices of Carolyn Buppert, 1419 Forest Drive, Suite 205, Annapolis, MD 21403.
Updated October 17, 2000
Copyright 1994-2003 NP Central